All the latest guitar news brought to you by Empeda Music and a variety of other web resources.
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Ernie Ball Music Man has unveiled its new collection for 2021, with new finishes for the Cutlass RS, the StingRay RS, the Sabre guitars and the StringRay Special, the StingRay Special five-string and the Bongo bass guitars. Cutlass RS The Cutlass RS comes in either HSS or SSS configurations, in … Continue reading Ernie Ball Music Man launches full 2021 collection
Latest News Items
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar In anticipation of the new compilation How Blue Can You Get, a previously-unreleased Gary Moore cover of Freddie King’s blues number I’m Tore Down has surfaced. READ MORE: How to play blues like Gary Moore The album the track is taken from commemorates the 10th anniversary of Moore’s death, and … Continue reading Listen to a previously-unreleased Gary Moore live cover of Freddie King’s I’m Tore Down
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar In celebration of 4/20, stoner doom legends Sleep have announced two new vinyl releases: a remaster of their 2014 song The Clarity, done by Bob Weston, and a double-LP collecting The Clarity and 2018 non-album single Leagues Beneath. READ MORE: 10 essential stoner rock and metal tracks to hear in … Continue reading Sleep announce vinyl compiling non-album singles The Clarity and Leagues Beneath
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Mudvayne have returned from a 12-year hiatus to announce their first shows since 2009. READ MORE: The best guitar amps to buy in 2021: 12 of the best pedalboard amps The Illinois nu-metal outfit announced their reunion on Facebook earlier today (20 April). Their cryptic statement made various allusions to … Continue reading Mudvayne reunite after 12-year hiatus, announce 2021 festival shows
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Boss has supplied a prototype of the hotly-anticipated Waza Craft HM-2 pedal to Ola Englund, who demoed it on his YouTube channel yesterday (19 April). READ MORE: The best electric guitars to buy in 2021: 10 best baritone guitars The juiciest detail revealed was that the Waza reissue will offer … Continue reading Watch: Ola Englund shares first demo of the Boss HM-2 Waza Craft reissue
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Since forming in Brooklyn in 1999, The National’s rise to prominence has been a slow, incremental journey, short on hit records and guitar solos. But two decades since their self-titled debut album, they’re one of the biggest guitar bands on the planet, while remaining unswervingly creative and experimental. Alongside the … Continue reading The National’s 20 greatest guitar moments, ranked
Gretsch G5622 Electromatic Center Block Double-Cut Review: A wallet-friendly semi with modern upgrades
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar There’s no denying that the iconic design language synonymous with Gretsch makes for some upsettingly good-looking instruments. And, in recent years, every tier of the Gretsch catalogue has benefitted from sensible upgrades that make the playability of these dream machines match their stellar tone and aesthetics. New to the Electromatic … Continue reading Gretsch G5622 Electromatic Center Block Double-Cut Review: A wallet-friendly semi with modern upgrades
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The amorphous genre that is stoner doom/metal/rock is, to be blunt, hard to get into if you haven’t already been indoctrinated into the cult of downtuned guitars and excessive amounts of fuzz. READ MORE: The best guitar amps to buy in 2021: 12 of the best pedalboard amps So we’ve … Continue reading 10 essential stoner rock and metal tracks to hear in 2021
TheGuitarLesson.com This post appeared first at 5 Student Stories on Learning Guitar on TheGuitarLesson.com, thanks for reading. I thought it would be interesting for everybody to see the journey a few of my online students took while learning to play the guitar on my site. Sort of mini case studies on how your peers get … Continue reading 5 Student Stories on Learning Guitar
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar DSM & Humboldt has released a new “DLX” version of its Simplifier, adding extra control and features to the compact amplifier and cab-sim. READ MORE: The best guitar amps to buy in 2021: 12 of the best pedalboard amps The amp has two discrete preamps, each of which comes with … Continue reading DSM & Humboldt launches the Simplifier DLX
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Robert Fripp and Toyah Wilcox have covered the Rolling stones’ classic (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction as part of their ongoing Sunday Lunch cover series. “The kitchen trio are hunting for ‘Satisfaction’ this week!” the video is captioned, and also notes that once again Fripp and Wilcox are “joined by the … Continue reading Robert Fripp and Toyah take on The Rolling Stones‘ (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The UK Competition And Markets Authority has increased its fine against Roland UK from £4 million to £5 million, following an appeal against the initial fine. Back in June 2020, Korg and Roland were fined a total £5.5 million for price-fixing by the watchdog. Roland has since made an appeal … Continue reading Competition And Markets Authority fines Roland UK an additional £1 million
Latest News Items:
- Ernie Ball Music Man launches full 2021 collection
- Listen to a previously-unreleased Gary Moore live cover of Freddie King’s I’m Tore Down
- Sleep announce vinyl compiling non-album singles The Clarity and Leagues Beneath
- Mudvayne reunite after 12-year hiatus, announce 2021 festival shows
- Watch: Ola Englund shares first demo of the Boss HM-2 Waza Craft reissue
- The National’s 20 greatest guitar moments, ranked
- Gretsch G5622 Electromatic Center Block Double-Cut Review: A wallet-friendly semi with modern upgrades
- 10 essential stoner rock and metal tracks to hear in 2021
- 5 Student Stories on Learning Guitar
- DSM & Humboldt launches the Simplifier DLX
- Robert Fripp and Toyah take on The Rolling Stones‘ (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
- Competition And Markets Authority fines Roland UK an additional £1 million
- Positive Grid reveals Spark Pearl, a limited white-tolex edition of the Spark amplifier
- The Fender Next Class Of 2021 is here
- Iced Earth’s Jon Schaffer pleads guilty to two charges related to Capitol riots
- Rick Beato shares first look at his signature Gibson Les Paul Special
- Guitar Recording FAQ: How do I achieve better separation between the sound from my amp and my studio monitors?
- Greta Van Fleet – The Battle At Garden’s Gate Review: Audacious musicianship but lacking in subtlety
- Benson Germanium Fuzz Review: Benson’s new fuzz pedal is a temperature-controlled game-changer
- Watch: Arielle rocks her Brian May Guitars artist model in new song Inside & Outside
- Mike Mitchell, co-founder of Kingsmen and guitarist on Louie Louie, dies at 77
- Do Online Beginner Guitar Lessons Work?
- Pete Townshend says The Beatles “copied” The Who for Sgt Pepper
- The Black Keys release first single from Delta Kream, a cover of John Lee Hooker’s Crawling Kingsnake
- Tony Rawk’s Pro Luthier: YouTuber turns 14 skateboards into an electric guitar
Guitar News and More
So, our mission here at Empeda Music is simple – to provide a one-stop online catalogue for all your musical needs.
The idea is that we will only include courses, lessons, products and content that we ourselves rate and use. As well as those that are highly rated by those who use them. The result? Providing you with a quality, indexed resource for whatever you may require musically.
And yes, we have partnered with companies and our articles will sometimes contain affiliate links from which we do get a small kickback. This is sometimes financial, sometimes loyalty points and sometimes just kudos. But, our promise to you is that these links will always be clear and obvious. Also, we will only recommend decent and quality products, content and companies that we rate ourselves. You can see a list of our main partners in the ‘Partners’ sidebar visible on most pages.
If there’s anything that you think we could include, just drop us a message via our contact form, and we’ll give it look. It’s still early days for us, and we are continually adding new content, hopefully producing a large and invaluable reference for you all.
All that’s left to say is thank you very much for visiting, and keep coming back to help and watch us grow.
Thank you all. 🙂
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest news and updates: