All the latest guitar news brought to you by Empeda Music and a variety of other web resources.
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Gibson has officially launched Adam Jones‘ signature Les Paul. The Custom Shop guitar is a recreation of Jones’ 1979 Antique Silverburst Les Paul Custom, his number-one with Tool for many years. The guitar is built with a 3-piece maple neck, a mahogany body and a 3-piece maple top. Chrome hardware … Continue reading Gibson officially launches the Adam Jones signature Les Paul
Latest News Items
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar IK Multimedia has teased a new product release, which could be a new version of AmpliTube – the brand’s popular virtual guitar rig builder. The short video depicts the discovery of what looks to be a massive guitar pick – possible a V, indicated Guitar Rig 5. The date given … Continue reading IK Multimedia teases something guitar-related
Thurston moore, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Deerhoof and more ask Spotify for better streaming rates
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The United Musicians and Allied Workers Union (UMAW) has garnered support from across the music world for a new campaign titled Justice At Spotify. Among other goals, the campaign is demanding that the platform raise its average streaming royalty from $.0038 USD to one cent per stream for all artists. … Continue reading Thurston moore, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Deerhoof and more ask Spotify for better streaming rates
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Genesis have shared that they are in rehearsals for their massive 2021 UK reunion tour in London. The band have shared some photos from the sessions – take a look below. Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Phil Collins will be heading on The Last Domino? Tour in April 2021, after … Continue reading Genesis are gearing up for their huge 2021 reunion tour
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Steve Morse has taken a light-hearted jab at producers and their relationship to guitar players, noting their differing priorities when it comes to a mix. Morse made the comments about the recording of a new version of And The Address, an early Deep Purple track. The track originally featured the playing … Continue reading Deep Purple’s Steve Morse: “producers don’t listen to guitar players!”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Homefires by Neil Young Taken from his upcoming record, Archives Volume 2: 1972-1976, ‘Homefires’ follows ‘Come Along And Say You Will’ and was recorded in 1974. The track is available to stream exclusively through the Neil Young Archives website and app here. Somebody Like You by The Magic Gang A … Continue reading The 10 best guitar tracks to hear this week
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Fender has launched the Troublemaker Telecaster Deluxe, a humbucker-equipped electric that comes as part of its Parallel Universe series. According to the brand, the guitar is suited for aggressive styles of playing, pairing a solid chunk of mahogany making up its body for accentuated mid-range growl with custom humbuckers. The … Continue reading Fender’s Troublemaker Telecaster Deluxe is suited for “aggressive playing”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Coulda been a contender The Creation are one of the UK’s great ‘should’ve beens’. Though they never entered a studio with the intention of creating an album (We Are Paintermen was the nearest thing to it, and it’s a series of singles, B sides and originals cobbled together with covers), their … Continue reading The Genius Of… We Are Paintermen by The Creation
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Eddie Van Halen didn’t just amaze his fellow guitarists with the remarkable work he did using a rare combination of playing techniques. Ed’s attitude to his guitars and his amplification also influenced a multitude of musicians, instrument makers, and amp builders. “I hate store-bought, off-the-rack guitars,” he told Jas Obrecht … Continue reading How Eddie Van Halen’s “endless pursuit” of perfection changed the guitar industry forever
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Keith Richards has made public his indifference towards today’s music, sharing that he finds the popularised use of synthesisers “cheap and corny”. The Rolling Stones guitarist voiced his thoughts in an interview with Rolling Stone. When asked if he had been listening to new music from the rock world, Richards … Continue reading Keith Richards thinks the idea of “new rock ‘n’ roll” is “pointless”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Wolfgang Van Halen has shut down rumours that he’ll be replacing his late father on guitar in a new Van Halen lineup, calling the speculation “a shitty lie”. Read more: Eddie Van Halen: He came, he saw, he reinvented guitar playing The 29-year-old bassist took to Twitter yesterday (26 October) … Continue reading Wolfgang Van Halen slams “shitty lie” that he’s replacing his father in Van Halen
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The estate of the late BB King has addressed the confusion surrounding The Thrill Is Gone, an upcoming film about the blues legend. The estate has confirmed that the film, which will star Wendell Piece, is not an official project. However, a biopic that is sanctioned by King’s estate will begin … Continue reading BB King’s estate clarifies that two films about him are in the works
Latest News Items:
- Gibson officially launches the Adam Jones signature Les Paul
- IK Multimedia teases something guitar-related
- Thurston moore, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Deerhoof and more ask Spotify for better streaming rates
- Genesis are gearing up for their huge 2021 reunion tour
- Deep Purple’s Steve Morse: “producers don’t listen to guitar players!”
- The 10 best guitar tracks to hear this week
- Fender’s Troublemaker Telecaster Deluxe is suited for “aggressive playing”
- The Genius Of… We Are Paintermen by The Creation
- How Eddie Van Halen’s “endless pursuit” of perfection changed the guitar industry forever
- Keith Richards thinks the idea of “new rock ‘n’ roll” is “pointless”
- Wolfgang Van Halen slams “shitty lie” that he’s replacing his father in Van Halen
- BB King’s estate clarifies that two films about him are in the works
- Dunable Guitars to raffle off EVH-themed Yeti in aid of Roadie Relief
- Fuzzrocious reignites the 420 Fuzz
- Ozzy Osbourne recalls how Eddie Van Halen asked him to sing in Van Halen
- Watch: AC/DC unveil official video for Shot In The Dark
- Pre-orders for Adam Jones’ signature Gibson Custom Shop model have apparently leaked
- The Big Listen – Joe Bonamassa – Royal Tea
- “You have to make a product where people don’t know that they need it yet”: John Woodland, guitar designer and Mastery Bridge founder
- Jerry Jeff Walker, Mr. Bojangles writer and outlaw country pioneer, dies at 78
- Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews to headline virtual benefit concert for Joe Biden
- See Jimmy Page’s “rare” and “previously unseen” gear in new book The Anthology
- Eddie Van Halen memorial planned in late guitarist’s home city of Pasadena, California
- Easiest way to learn guitar
- Guitar Center is preparing to potentially file for bankruptcy
Guitar News and More
So, our mission here at Empeda Music is simple – to provide a one-stop online catalogue for all your musical needs.
The idea is that we will only include courses, lessons, products and content that we ourselves rate and use. As well as those that are highly rated by those who use them. The result? Providing you with a quality, indexed resource for whatever you may require musically.
And yes, we have partnered with companies and our articles will sometimes contain affiliate links from which we do get a small kickback. This is sometimes financial, sometimes loyalty points and sometimes just kudos. But, our promise to you is that these links will always be clear and obvious. Also, we will only recommend decent and quality products, content and companies that we rate ourselves. You can see a list of our main partners in the ‘Partners’ sidebar visible on most pages.
If there’s anything that you think we could include, just drop us a message via our contact form, and we’ll give it look. It’s still early days for us, and we are continually adding new content, hopefully producing a large and invaluable reference for you all.
All that’s left to say is thank you very much for visiting, and keep coming back to help and watch us grow.
Thank you all. 🙂
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest news and updates: