All the latest music news brought to you by Empeda Music and a variety of other web resources.
Modern Drummer Magazine The winner of the “World/Percussion” category in Modern Drummer‘s 2023 Readers Poll is… Giovanni Hidalgo! Giovanni Hidalgo has been one of the reigning kings of Latin jazz percussion for a reason. He continued to elevate percussion world throughout the last year by playing dozens of high-energy shows, putting together workshops and lessons, and … Continue reading 2023 Readers Poll: Giovanni Hidalgo Wins “World / Percussion”
Latest News Items
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Carlos Santana has selected some of his dream collaborations, and the list of names might just surprise you. The guitarist reeled off a list of artists from a diverse range of genres, citing his reason as wanting to “stay relevant” and not just be a “ghost in a jukebox.” READ … Continue reading “I wanna stay relevant”: Carlos Santana says one of his dream collaborations is Taylor Swift
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Welcome again to Weekly Guitar Essentials, your roundup of 10 of the best new guitar-driven tracks from the past seven days, from the biggest names to some artist you might never heard before, this is everything you need to keep your finger on the pulse of guitar culture! This week, … Continue reading This week’s essential new guitar tracks: Chelsea Wolfe, Dolly Parton, The Breeders and more
“It was pure balls-to-the-wall metal insanity”: Dave Mustaine reflects on early thrash gigs before concert etiquette was better established
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Dave Mustaine has looked back on Megadeth‘s early gigs, noting how completely chaotic they were as “concert etiquette” wasn’t fully established in the thrash scene. Megadeth have now been together for 40 years, and the band recently released their 16th studio album, The Sick, The Dying… And The Dead!. READ MORE: … Continue reading “It was pure balls-to-the-wall metal insanity”: Dave Mustaine reflects on early thrash gigs before concert etiquette was better established
Guthrie Govan: “Some of what you practise should sound s**t, because then you know you’re working on something that needs to be worked on”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The Aristocrats guitarist Guthrie Govan has discussed the “trap” of getting “too good” at playing riffs and licks, and why it’s important we allow ourselves to sound “shit”. The Aristocrats are touring through October to early December, but outside of his work within the band, Govan has also collaborated with … Continue reading Guthrie Govan: “Some of what you practise should sound s**t, because then you know you’re working on something that needs to be worked on”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Slipknot have consisted of nine masked members for the majority of their career, but as frontman Corey Taylor reveals in a new interview, they nearly increased that number to a round 10 in the early days. In a new interview with Classic Rock magazine, Taylor – who recently released his … Continue reading Corey Taylor says Ozzy Osbourne once asked to be the 10th member of Slipknot
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Orange Amplification has announced that Corey Taylor has become a new ambassador for the brand. Taylor, best known as vocalist for metal band Slipknot, released his second solo album, CMF2, earlier this month (15 September) and is currently on tour across the US, UK, Europe and Australia following its release. … Continue reading Corey Taylor becomes an ambassador for Orange Amplification
Keith Richards doesn’t like rap: “I don’t like to hear people yelling at me and telling me it’s music”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Keith Richards says he doesn’t like rap music because he doesn’t enjoy “people yelling at me”. One of the most well-known guitarists in rock music – a genre that could also be argued to be defined by “people yelling” – Richards makes the revelation on his musical tastes in a … Continue reading Keith Richards doesn’t like rap: “I don’t like to hear people yelling at me and telling me it’s music”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The 1975’s Matty Healy has found himself in hot water once again after a recent social media exchange with Lucy Dacus. READ MORE: Mick Jagger says Paul McCartney was so “natural and relaxed” and “rocked it” on Rolling Stones collaboration Last week, the Somebody Else singer took to X – … Continue reading Matty Healy deactivates Twitter/X account after Lucy Dacus responds to jab
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar $1,799/£1,650, orangeamps.com The OR line of Orange tube amps go all the way back to the very beginnings of the brand: the debut Orange ‘Matamp’ heads were designated as OR200s and OR100s. Since then, we’ve had OR120s, OR50s, OR80s, OR15s, a handful of reissues and reimaginings, and now: the OR30. … Continue reading Orange OR30 review: the loudest 30-watt amp on the planet?
Drummer’s Review Following the successful launch of the Kompressor Snare Drum Series metal shell snare drums earlier this year, SONOR is wasting no time in adding two new wood snare drums to the lineup. These German Beech shells are equally powerful, responsive, and versatile as their metal counterparts, covering a vast range of musical styles … Continue reading SONOR Expands All New Kompressor Series Snare Drum Series
Pianos – Keyboard and Synths Archives | Music Instrument News Groove Synthesis, an electronic musical instrument startup founded by music industry veterans from Sequential and Oberheim, has just introduced a desktop version of their acclaimed 3rd Wave, 24-voice, 4-part multitimbral wavetable synth. The compact, keyboardless version has all of the power, features, ins and outs … Continue reading Groove Synthesis Introduces 3rd Wave Desktop Wavetable Synth Module
Latest News Items:
- 2023 Readers Poll: Giovanni Hidalgo Wins “World / Percussion”
- “I wanna stay relevant”: Carlos Santana says one of his dream collaborations is Taylor Swift
- This week’s essential new guitar tracks: Chelsea Wolfe, Dolly Parton, The Breeders and more
- “It was pure balls-to-the-wall metal insanity”: Dave Mustaine reflects on early thrash gigs before concert etiquette was better established
- Guthrie Govan: “Some of what you practise should sound s**t, because then you know you’re working on something that needs to be worked on”
- Corey Taylor says Ozzy Osbourne once asked to be the 10th member of Slipknot
- Corey Taylor becomes an ambassador for Orange Amplification
- Keith Richards doesn’t like rap: “I don’t like to hear people yelling at me and telling me it’s music”
- Matty Healy deactivates Twitter/X account after Lucy Dacus responds to jab
- Orange OR30 review: the loudest 30-watt amp on the planet?
- SONOR Expands All New Kompressor Series Snare Drum Series
- Groove Synthesis Introduces 3rd Wave Desktop Wavetable Synth Module
- 2023 Readers Poll: CJ Thompson Wins “Hip-Hop”
- Post Malone offers guitar for local charity auction
- Listen to this Black Sabbath and Aretha Franklin “soul metal” mashup
- “The picking speed on that open A is insane”: Marty Schwartz reveals the song he found the hardest to teach
- “The problem with being a musician in a collaborative situation is that you’ll get your feelings hurt”: Session legend Tim Pierce shares advice for up-and-coming players for hire
- “The first time I saw a Strat, I thought it was a joke,” recalls Buddy Guy
- Bourgeois Touchstone Vintage OM & Dreadnought: is this the future of high-end production acoustic guitars?
- The Week In Guitar: Rosewood’s back, new Pico range from EHX and some Noble Screaming
- Mick Jagger says Paul McCartney was so “natural and relaxed” and “rocked it” on Rolling Stones collaboration
- LAVA targets acoustic traditionalists with new spruce-built smart guitar
- “I felt like I wasn’t getting the credit for the things I was actually writing”: Corey Taylor says he went solo due to a lack of recognition in Slipknot and Stone Sour
- “If it wasn’t for that early prog, heavy metal would sound different today”: Kirk Hammett on finding his love for prog rock in recent years
- Electro-Harmonix unveils the NYC DSP Series: 9 ultra-compact stompboxes for your ‘board
- “Kurt’s not here in the present, so everything has got to be done right”: Krist Novoselic on using AI to “complete” Nirvana songs
- Laney’s two new Ironheart Foundry amps are both feature-packed and ultra-affordable
- 2023 Readers Poll: Dave Weckl Wins “Jazz Fusion”
- Boss adds new wireless amp to its Katana lineup
- “I’m not doing it anymore”: Ozzy Osbourne undergoes “final” neck surgery
- “I was expecting to be back in the band when there was an opening, or at least to be asked”: KK Downing won’t ever rejoin Judas Priest
- Watch Bill Hader do a hilariously uncanny impression of Eddie and Alex Van Halen
- “I was reluctant right up to the last minute, and then I said, ‘F**k it, I can’t be worse than some of these other dudes’”: Dave Mustaine on his decision to front Megadeth
- Royal Blood’s Mike Kerr says being asked to fill in as bass player in another band is his “worst nightmare”
- 2023 Readers Poll: Mike Portnoy Wins “Progressive Rock”
- “It creates the correct sound for the type of rock ‘n’ roll music that we’re making”: Greta Van Fleet on performing in arenas
- “I was horrified!”: Rick Beato recalls hearing that Joni Mitchell watched his video dissecting her 1976 track, Amelia
- Should You Buy An East Top Harmonica?
- Ernie Ball Music Man commemorates 30 years of partnership with Steve Luthaker with the L4 Signature Collection
- Johnny Marr announces compilation album, releases new single Somewhere
- “I’m not sure he gets the credit that he should”: Aerosmith’s Joe Perry commends Steve Vai’s “f**king phenomenal” guitar playing
- Noel Gallagher has a secret dance track in the works
- Keeley fuses two classic overdrives with the 4-in-1 Noble Screamer
- “When I really play, I just try to go like crazy”: Mateus Asato digs deep into his signature guitar style
- A Brief History of Epiphone Guitars
- 2023 Readers Poll: Sarah Jones Wins “Pop”
- Music Marketing Inc Now Distributes Playfair Audio
- Adam Hall Group Appoints Joint Venture Audio Visual and Lighting Inc. as Exclusive Distributor for the Philippines
- Fender blends vintage specs with forward-thinking appointments with new Vintera II series
- “I’d much rather fail on my own than succeed heartlessly by playing Panama”: Why Wolfgang Van Halen won’t be covering Van Halen songs anymore
Other Music News:
So, our mission here at Empeda Music is simple – to provide a one-stop online catalogue for all your musical needs.
The idea is that we will only include courses, lessons, products and content that we ourselves rate and use. As well as those that are highly rated by those who use them. The result? Providing you with a quality, indexed resource for whatever you may require musically.
And yes, we have partnered with companies and our articles will sometimes contain affiliate links from which we do get a small kickback. This is sometimes financial, sometimes loyalty points and sometimes just kudos. But, our promise to you is that these links will always be clear and obvious. Also, we will only recommend decent and quality products, content and companies that we rate ourselves. You can see a list of our main partners in the ‘Partners’ sidebar visible on most pages.
If there’s anything that you think we could include, just drop us a message via our contact form, and we’ll give it look. It’s still early days for us, and we are continually adding new content, hopefully producing a large and invaluable reference for you all.
All that’s left to say is thank you very much for visiting, and keep coming back to help and watch us grow.
Thank you all. 🙂
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest news and updates: