All the latest music news brought to you by Empeda Music and a variety of other web resources.
Drummer’s Review The Avedis Zildjian Company has introduced two new practice pad options into its lineup of accessories. The Zildjian Galaxy and Zildjian Graffiti pads offer a fun and visually exciting pad with great feel, response and versatility. Both pads feature bold and colorful designs on their playing surfaces, with the Zildjian Galaxy Pad offering … Continue reading Zildjian Introduces Two New Practice Pads To Line Of Accessories
Latest News Items
Pianos – Keyboard and Synths – Music Instrument News Modal Electronics, a leading global synthesiser manufacturer, is proud to release SKULPTsynth SE. Based on the heritage of the original SKUPTsynthesiser, it inherits a slim form factor, but comes with traditionally coloured, black and white touch keypads, easier to read front panel descriptors and improved built … Continue reading New Modal SKULPTsynth SE Announced
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar In celebration of 4/20, stoner doom legends Sleep have announced two new vinyl releases: a remaster of their 2014 song The Clarity, done by Bob Weston, and a double-LP collecting The Clarity and 2018 non-album single Leagues Beneath. READ MORE: 10 essential stoner rock and metal tracks to hear in … Continue reading Sleep announce vinyl compiling non-album singles The Clarity and Leagues Beneath
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Mudvayne have returned from a 12-year hiatus to announce their first shows since 2009. READ MORE: The best guitar amps to buy in 2021: 12 of the best pedalboard amps The Illinois nu-metal outfit announced their reunion on Facebook earlier today (20 April). Their cryptic statement made various allusions to … Continue reading Mudvayne reunite after 12-year hiatus, announce 2021 festival shows
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Boss has supplied a prototype of the hotly-anticipated Waza Craft HM-2 pedal to Ola Englund, who demoed it on his YouTube channel yesterday (19 April). READ MORE: The best electric guitars to buy in 2021: 10 best baritone guitars The juiciest detail revealed was that the Waza reissue will offer … Continue reading Watch: Ola Englund shares first demo of the Boss HM-2 Waza Craft reissue
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Since forming in Brooklyn in 1999, The National’s rise to prominence has been a slow, incremental journey, short on hit records and guitar solos. But two decades since their self-titled debut album, they’re one of the biggest guitar bands on the planet, while remaining unswervingly creative and experimental. Alongside the … Continue reading The National’s 20 greatest guitar moments, ranked
Gretsch G5622 Electromatic Center Block Double-Cut Review: A wallet-friendly semi with modern upgrades
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar There’s no denying that the iconic design language synonymous with Gretsch makes for some upsettingly good-looking instruments. And, in recent years, every tier of the Gretsch catalogue has benefitted from sensible upgrades that make the playability of these dream machines match their stellar tone and aesthetics. New to the Electromatic … Continue reading Gretsch G5622 Electromatic Center Block Double-Cut Review: A wallet-friendly semi with modern upgrades
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The amorphous genre that is stoner doom/metal/rock is, to be blunt, hard to get into if you haven’t already been indoctrinated into the cult of downtuned guitars and excessive amounts of fuzz. READ MORE: The best guitar amps to buy in 2021: 12 of the best pedalboard amps So we’ve … Continue reading 10 essential stoner rock and metal tracks to hear in 2021
Pianos – Keyboard and Synths – Music Instrument News On April 20th 2021 at 6 PM CEST, Arturia will unveil the latest version of their state-of-the-art softsynth; Pigments 3 promises to redefine the softsynth game, bringing new sound engines, FX, advanced routing, and much more – while retaining its unparalleled ease of use and signature … Continue reading Arturia introduce evolution of cutting-edge softsynth: Pigments 3
Modern Drummer Magazine Emilie Cleuver is a drummer from the Netherlands, drummer for the band ‘The Hague’ raised in a musical family, daughter of the Dutch Bulgarian pop singer Bojoura and drummer Hans Cleuver (founder of Drumschool Cleuver and drummer of the progressive rock band ‘Focus’), Emilie learned drumming from an early age. Growing up … Continue reading Emilie Cleuver – Hit Like A Girl Spotlight – April 19th, 2021
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar DSM & Humboldt has released a new “DLX” version of its Simplifier, adding extra control and features to the compact amplifier and cab-sim. READ MORE: The best guitar amps to buy in 2021: 12 of the best pedalboard amps The amp has two discrete preamps, each of which comes with … Continue reading DSM & Humboldt launches the Simplifier DLX
Modern Drummer Magazine ProMark Drumsticks is thrilled to announce the launch of the Carter McLean Signature Stick, joining the elite ranks of Phil Collins, Neil Peart (Rush), and more. This signature stick, specifically designed with Carter, has a custom tip shape and is one of the most unique yet versatile sticks in the ProMark portfolio. Carter McLean is a highly … Continue reading PROMARK DRUMSTICKS PARTNERS WITH CARTER MCLEAN TO LAUNCH SIGNATURE STICK
Latest News Items:
- Zildjian Introduces Two New Practice Pads To Line Of Accessories
- New Modal SKULPTsynth SE Announced
- Sleep announce vinyl compiling non-album singles The Clarity and Leagues Beneath
- Mudvayne reunite after 12-year hiatus, announce 2021 festival shows
- Watch: Ola Englund shares first demo of the Boss HM-2 Waza Craft reissue
- The National’s 20 greatest guitar moments, ranked
- Gretsch G5622 Electromatic Center Block Double-Cut Review: A wallet-friendly semi with modern upgrades
- 10 essential stoner rock and metal tracks to hear in 2021
- Arturia introduce evolution of cutting-edge softsynth: Pigments 3
- Emilie Cleuver – Hit Like A Girl Spotlight – April 19th, 2021
- DSM & Humboldt launches the Simplifier DLX
- PROMARK DRUMSTICKS PARTNERS WITH CARTER MCLEAN TO LAUNCH SIGNATURE STICK
- Robert Fripp and Toyah take on The Rolling Stones‘ (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
- LooBaba: The definition of the Urban Latin Experience.
- Competition And Markets Authority fines Roland UK an additional £1 million
- Positive Grid reveals Spark Pearl, a limited white-tolex edition of the Spark amplifier
- The Fender Next Class Of 2021 is here
- Iced Earth’s Jon Schaffer pleads guilty to two charges related to Capitol riots
- Rick Beato shares first look at his signature Gibson Les Paul Special
- Guitar Recording FAQ: How do I achieve better separation between the sound from my amp and my studio monitors?
- Greta Van Fleet – The Battle At Garden’s Gate Review: Audacious musicianship but lacking in subtlety
- Benson Germanium Fuzz Review: Benson’s new fuzz pedal is a temperature-controlled game-changer
- Watch: Arielle rocks her Brian May Guitars artist model in new song Inside & Outside
- Mike Mitchell, co-founder of Kingsmen and guitarist on Louie Louie, dies at 77
- Liquid Tension Experiment – LTE3 – Album Review – April 16th, 2021
- Pete Townshend says The Beatles “copied” The Who for Sgt Pepper
- The Black Keys release first single from Delta Kream, a cover of John Lee Hooker’s Crawling Kingsnake
- Tony Rawk’s Pro Luthier: YouTuber turns 14 skateboards into an electric guitar
- Watch: Guitarist goes viral on TikTok for creating violin-like sounds with his acoustic
- “We’ve never stopped. This thing is our life and we don’t know anything else”: Teenage Fanclub on touring with Nirvana and new album Endless Arcade
- Fender Mustang Micro Review: The ultimate portable practice solution?
- GEWA Announce New Digital Pianos UP365 & UP385
- Crust Punk: Samurai Guitarist buys the Pizza Hut Pepperoni Pizza guitar on Reverb
- The best guitar amps to buy in 2021: 13 of the best pedalboard amps
- Rammstein partner Balenciaga on exclusive playlist and luxury fashion line
- The Modern Drummer Podcast Episode 29: David Frangioni & Billy Amendola with Ash Soan
- Hear Fender’s two new ’68 Custom amps in action
- Stu Mackenzie discusses how King Gizzard kitted out cheap guitars with extra frets for Flying Microtonal Banana
- Wolfgang Van Halen: “only three guitar players influenced the instrument… Les Paul, Jimi Hendrix and my father”
- Anthony Garone chronicles 22-year long process of learning King Crimson’s Fracture in new book
- Radiohead’s Ed O’Brien to Interview Paul McCartney tonight for In Isolation
- Ibanez preps 20th anniversary edition of its John Scofield signature hollow-body
- From Voboam to Page: The epochal renaissance of the multi-neck guitar
- Blackberry Smoke’s Charlie Starr on writing with Warren Haynes and being a three-guitar band
- The Big Review: Guild BT-258E Deluxe Baritone
- Amplifier FAQ: What is a choke?
- Kemper’s Power Kabinet is a powered monitoring solution for all Kemper Profilers
- Audeze Partners With Embody To Deliver Reveal+ Virtual Studio Plugin Remaster
- Mark Hoppus to open official Reverb storefront selling Blink-182, +44 music gear
- The Black Keys announce Delta Kream, a new blues covers album
Other Music News:
So, our mission here at Empeda Music is simple – to provide a one-stop online catalogue for all your musical needs.
The idea is that we will only include courses, lessons, products and content that we ourselves rate and use. As well as those that are highly rated by those who use them. The result? Providing you with a quality, indexed resource for whatever you may require musically.
And yes, we have partnered with companies and our articles will sometimes contain affiliate links from which we do get a small kickback. This is sometimes financial, sometimes loyalty points and sometimes just kudos. But, our promise to you is that these links will always be clear and obvious. Also, we will only recommend decent and quality products, content and companies that we rate ourselves. You can see a list of our main partners in the ‘Partners’ sidebar visible on most pages.
If there’s anything that you think we could include, just drop us a message via our contact form, and we’ll give it look. It’s still early days for us, and we are continually adding new content, hopefully producing a large and invaluable reference for you all.
All that’s left to say is thank you very much for visiting, and keep coming back to help and watch us grow.
Thank you all. 🙂
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest news and updates: