All the latest music news brought to you by Empeda Music and a variety of other web resources.
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The Epiphone Coronet could be poised to make a comeback after more than 20 years out of production, according to leaks that have surfaced online. A US retailer, American Musical, has posted images and details of the purported new guitars on its website. Besides the Coronet, they include its bigger … Continue reading Is the Epiphone Coronet about to make a serious comeback?
Latest News Items
Modern Drummer Magazine Almost as soon as the pandemic hit this past spring, Sean J. Kennedy had the idea of recording some rudimental classics with a bunch of friends, virtually. The initial group was composed of brass players and percussionists, which Kennedy called the Rolling Buzzards Brigade as an homage to the musicians who served … Continue reading Top Drummers Join Rolling Buzzards Brigade to Pay Tribute Revolutionary War Soldiers
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Yamaha has introduced a new model into its popular THR range of desktop amplifiers, this time designed specifically for acoustic guitarists. The THR30IIA is stereo, and runs at 30 watts of solid-state power. Like the other THR amplifiers, it’s designed more for the home than the stage, and hence looks … Continue reading Yamaha launches a new Wireless THR amp for acoustic players
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Prog musician Steven Wilson has doubled down on his criticism of classic rock revival group Greta Van Fleet, whom he expressed his negative feelings about last year. In a 2019 appearance on the My Rock podcast, he spoke of his decades-long process of building his audience – and lamented that … Continue reading Steven Wilson stands by calling Greta Van Fleet a “Take That-meets-Led Zeppelin parody”
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar The global shake-up brought on by the pandemic has brought on opportunities for some to “find the positives” as our chat with PRS last month illuminated. In the case of The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, this came in the form of finally being able to put some … Continue reading The Country Music Hall of Fame’s most prized instruments finally get to be played
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Gibson and Adam Jones ripped up the rulebook last night with The Witness, a seven-minute animated short film accompanying the world premiere of Gibson Custom’s hotly-anticipated Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Custom VOS. A recreation of the Tool guitarist’s number one stage guitar, the arrival of the Antique Silverburst LP Custom … Continue reading Have Gibson and Adam Jones just released the best guitar launch video ever?
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar Billie Eilish is contemporary music’s answer to Nirvana, said the diamond-selling album’s producer Butch Vig. Speaking to NME, Vig believes that if the grunge band’s landmark Nevermind were to be released today, it wouldn’t have the “same cultural impact” as it did back in the 90s. “It was perfect timing … Continue reading Butch Vig says Billie Eilish has impacted a generation the same way Nirvana did with Nevermind
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar “Another day, another Jazzmaster.” As true a maxim around these parts as any other. Even truer maybe, given the fact that at this point in my career, I really only say yes to working on offset guitars. That’s a choice I made a long time ago, and while I do … Continue reading Tech Talk: How to fix a Jazzmaster vibrato
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar AC/DC singer Brian Johnson has recalled a time when he and late rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young – fuelled by whisky and armed with fireworks – were in Scotland and set off on a quest to find the fabled Loch Ness monster. Read More: AC/DC unveil official video for Shot In … Continue reading AC/DC’s Malcolm Young once set out on a whisky-fuelled quest to find the Loch Ness monster
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar When Eddie Van Halen offered Gene Simmons a ride back to Los Angeles after watching Metallica in concert in the 80s, the Kiss bassist had no idea what he was in for. Read More: How Eddie Van Halen’s “endless pursuit” of perfection changed the guitar industry forever The whole incident … Continue reading Gene Simmons recalls “holding on for dear life” while riding in Eddie Van Halen’s jeep
Pro Audio and Studio – Music Instrument News Two new additions to the famous M-Audio BX monitor series – the BX3 and BX4 – bring 120 watts of studio quality sound to livestreams, podcasts, and music productions everywhere. M-Audio (m-audio.com), synonymous with innovative music production technology, today announced the introduction of two brand-new multimedia monitors, … Continue reading M-AUDIO Extends BX Family Of Industry-Leading Audio Monitors With The Compact BX4 & BX3
Guitar.com | All Things Guitar After about two years of collaboration, David Hasselhoff and Austrian metal band CueStack have launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the video for a forthcoming track, Through The Night. The song, which is Hasselhoff’s first-ever metal track, has already been recorded, and the band are seeking €6,000 by 1 December … Continue reading Watch: David Hasselhoff singing his first-ever metal song is exactly what you’d expect
Latest News Items:
- Is the Epiphone Coronet about to make a serious comeback?
- Top Drummers Join Rolling Buzzards Brigade to Pay Tribute Revolutionary War Soldiers
- Yamaha launches a new Wireless THR amp for acoustic players
- Steven Wilson stands by calling Greta Van Fleet a “Take That-meets-Led Zeppelin parody”
- The Country Music Hall of Fame’s most prized instruments finally get to be played
- Have Gibson and Adam Jones just released the best guitar launch video ever?
- Butch Vig says Billie Eilish has impacted a generation the same way Nirvana did with Nevermind
- Tech Talk: How to fix a Jazzmaster vibrato
- AC/DC’s Malcolm Young once set out on a whisky-fuelled quest to find the Loch Ness monster
- Gene Simmons recalls “holding on for dear life” while riding in Eddie Van Halen’s jeep
- M-AUDIO Extends BX Family Of Industry-Leading Audio Monitors With The Compact BX4 & BX3
- Watch: David Hasselhoff singing his first-ever metal song is exactly what you’d expect
- Amazon, the e-commerce giant, is now making guitar pedals
- Gibson officially launches the Adam Jones signature Les Paul
- IK Multimedia teases something guitar-related
- Thurston moore, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Deerhoof and more ask Spotify for better streaming rates
- Genesis are gearing up for their huge 2021 reunion tour
- Deep Purple’s Steve Morse: “producers don’t listen to guitar players!”
- The 10 best guitar tracks to hear this week
- Fender’s Troublemaker Telecaster Deluxe is suited for “aggressive playing”
- Gretsch Grand Prix Snare Drums – Drummer’s Review
- The Genius Of… We Are Paintermen by The Creation
- How Eddie Van Halen’s “endless pursuit” of perfection changed the guitar industry forever
- Bose Unveils New L1 Pro Portable Line Array Family
- Keith Richards thinks the idea of “new rock ‘n’ roll” is “pointless”
- Wolfgang Van Halen slams “shitty lie” that he’s replacing his father in Van Halen
- Pioneering Drummer Viola Smith Passes
- BB King’s estate clarifies that two films about him are in the works
- Dunable Guitars to raffle off EVH-themed Yeti in aid of Roadie Relief
- Fuzzrocious reignites the 420 Fuzz
- Ozzy Osbourne recalls how Eddie Van Halen asked him to sing in Van Halen
- Watch: AC/DC unveil official video for Shot In The Dark
- Pre-orders for Adam Jones’ signature Gibson Custom Shop model have apparently leaked
- The Big Listen – Joe Bonamassa – Royal Tea
- “You have to make a product where people don’t know that they need it yet”: John Woodland, guitar designer and Mastery Bridge founder
- Jerry Jeff Walker, Mr. Bojangles writer and outlaw country pioneer, dies at 78
- Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews to headline virtual benefit concert for Joe Biden
- See Jimmy Page’s “rare” and “previously unseen” gear in new book The Anthology
- Eddie Van Halen memorial planned in late guitarist’s home city of Pasadena, California
- Guitar Center is preparing to potentially file for bankruptcy
- ToneAlly Announced Organisers of Drum-Off UK 2020
- Jazz Drummer Rajiv Jayaweera Draws From His Sri Lankan Heritage on His Brilliant Debut Album, Pistils
- IDLES announce 2021 EU tour, with support from Porridge Radio, Girl Band and more
- Angus Young on his favourite SG: “It’s a vintage one. The one that I’ve always had”
- Solar Guitars announces line of bass guitars
- Listen to Neil Young’s latest archival track, Homefires
- PRS launches the limited-edition Private Stock Paul’s 85
- Epiphone’s ’59 Les Paul Standard might be the most affordable re-creation of the vintage icon
- John Frusciante is writing new music with the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Watch: Miley Cyrus puts soulful spin on cover of Pearl Jam’s Just Breathe
Other Music News:
So, our mission here at Empeda Music is simple – to provide a one-stop online catalogue for all your musical needs.
The idea is that we will only include courses, lessons, products and content that we ourselves rate and use. As well as those that are highly rated by those who use them. The result? Providing you with a quality, indexed resource for whatever you may require musically.
And yes, we have partnered with companies and our articles will sometimes contain affiliate links from which we do get a small kickback. This is sometimes financial, sometimes loyalty points and sometimes just kudos. But, our promise to you is that these links will always be clear and obvious. Also, we will only recommend decent and quality products, content and companies that we rate ourselves. You can see a list of our main partners in the ‘Partners’ sidebar visible on most pages.
If there’s anything that you think we could include, just drop us a message via our contact form, and we’ll give it look. It’s still early days for us, and we are continually adding new content, hopefully producing a large and invaluable reference for you all.
All that’s left to say is thank you very much for visiting, and keep coming back to help and watch us grow.
Thank you all. 🙂
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest news and updates: